MoveAbout Therapy Services regards customer privacy as an important part of our relationship with our families.
Privacy and Confidentiality guidelines:
- We are committed to complying with the privacy requirements of the Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Principles and for Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) as required by organisations providing disability services.
- We are fully committed to complying with the consent requirements of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework and relevant state and territory requirements.
- We provide all individuals with access to information about the privacy of their personal information.
- Each individual has the right to decide not to consent to provide their personal details if they wish to.
- When we are required to report to government funding bodies, the information we provide is non-identifiable of specific clients and only related to services and support hours provided, age range, disabilities, languages and nationalities.
- Personal information provided will only be used by us and will not be shared outside the organisation without your permission unless required by law to do so. (e.g. reporting an assault, abuse, neglect, or where a court order is issued).
- Any images or video footage of participants will not be used without their consent.
- Participants have the option of being involved in an NDIS Audit if they wish.
Security of information:
- We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold, against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure.
- Personal information is accessible to the participant and is able to be used by relevant workers.
- Personal information no longer needed is securely destroyed or de-identified.
- We take reasonable steps to reduce the likelihood of a data breach occuring and if we know or suspect that personal information has been accessed by unauthorised parties, we will take reasonable steps to reduce the likelihood of harm and advise you of the breach. If necessary we will advise the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our customer service team on (02) 43 891 912.
Collection of Information
When you access the MoveAbout website, we utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and overall website usage. As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our site. This includes your communications with our site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website. Information which we collect in this way may be aggregated for analysis and in those circumstances we ensure that individuals remain anonymous. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
If you choose to provide us with some personal information (such as your name and email address) which we will ask for if, for example, you decide to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect this information via our website.
Use of Collected Information
Any personal information collected from the MoveAbout website is used exclusively for the purpose it was intended (such as responding to your enquiry) and NOT for any other purpose – including any form of bulk marketing unrelated to your MoveAbout services.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, they are transparently passed to our payment gateway provider (eWAY) in order to be processed as required. We never store credit card details. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to Collected Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or delete it by emailing us at email@example.com
If you purchase a product or service from us, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. You will be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
MoveAbout may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. MoveAbout does not share any information with other third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
Links on the MoveAbout website to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of moveabout.com.au
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by email.