Our clinicians use the latest in advanced therapeutic techniques and equipment to help improve the health and well-being of children and families.
MoveAbout Therapy Services has three clinic locations.
Meet our dedicated team of Occupational Therapists.
What is Paediatric Occupational Therapy?
The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable kids to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists use occupations (or the activities that occupy our time each day) both as a therapeutic tool and a goal of therapy.
The activities or functions that are typically targeted for children in therapy include their roles as a family member, student, player, or self-maintainer (feeding, dressing, toileting and hygiene activities), with occupational therapists assisting them to become more independent in these areas.
Occupational therapy assessment and treatment sessions are specifically designed to meet the needs of each individual child and family.
At MoveAbout Therapy Services, occupational therapists will use a variety of philosophies and techniques which may include Sensory Processing Theory and DIR®/Floortime™ techniques.
We pride ourselves on having some of the best-equipped therapy spaces in Australia, incorporating a range of resources including 100 options for swinging as well as slides and ball pits.
Why consider Occupational Therapy?
Paediatric Occupational Therapy can benefit children with a range of difficulties in the following areas:
- Attention and concentration difficulties including ADHD/ADD.
- Disorders of relating such as autism spectrum disorders.
- Functional difficulties (e.g. feeding, toileting, dressing, shoe tying, bike riding).
- Fine motor difficulties including limitations in motor planning, grasp and handwriting.
- Gross motor difficulties including limitations in motor planning, coordination and sports related activities.
- Sensory processing/sensory integration challenges including limitations in registering sensation, interpreting sensation, organising sensation, and being over-responsive or under-responsive to sensation.
- Visual processing/visual perceptual challenges.
- Learning disabilities.
- Regulatory disorders including children with difficulties in sensory, behavioural and emotional regulation.
- Issues related to behaviours seen as negative or inappropriate.
Sometimes a small amount of early intervention can make a big difference! We use a range of Therapeutic Tools to support you and your child, and have a proven track record of positive outcomes. For a list of the Therapeutic Tools we incorporate into our session and home-based programs click here.
Why Choose MoveAbout?
Since 2008, MoveAbout Therapy Services has provided the highest level of Paediatric Occupational Therapy for children and families located in the North-West of Sydney and the Central Coast. Now also serving the Newcastle region, we seek to improve collaboration between all health professionals across the child’s team and work in partnership with families, giving you more reasons than ever to choose MoveAbout.
We focus on offering a developmental, play-based and relationship-based approach to therapy for children and their families, while always supporting families to develop functional goals. We focus on supporting our team members so that they can support the families they see.
GET IN TOUCH