MoveAbout is Now Actively Hiring at our Berkeley Vale Clinic on the Central Coast.
We are always open to speaking with passionate paediatric OTs, so reach out if you are interested in working at any of our clinics.
MoveAbout Therapy Services offers rewarding career opportunities for paediatric occupational therapists. In fact, we’re on a mission to develop ourselves as the leader in clinical excellence, helping therapists access rewarding, passion aligned careers.
Why become a Paediatric Occupational Therapist at MoveAbout?
Do you love kids, and want to make a difference in the lives of kids and families? Are you craving a position with loads of support at the ‘just right level’ for you? Are you looking for a job with flexibility and a manageable caseload so that you don’t burn out? Do you want career growth opportunities and leadership training? Do you want to make good money (to buy a house, to travel, to get ahead) whilst making a real difference? Do you want to ‘love what you do’ and be surrounded by people who love what they do?
‘We support the people who support the kids’ (and that starts with our team!).
Why work at MoveAbout?
We provide the best support and workplace for our team:
- Weekly 1:1 clinical & professional mentoring, weekly group mentoring, and in-session coaching.
- Master Clinician sessions with leaders from the US & Canada.
- Competitive base salary, + bonuses, profit sharing & paid parental leave.
- Mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Lower caseloads, less paperwork & less reports.
- Great systems & sound business practices.
- We invest heavily in training, resources & equipment (Basically, we’ll buy whatever you want, so that you love your work and the kids love therapy)
- Caring, connected, and passionate team.
The Best Place to Work
MoveAbout is not the only well-resourced clinic in NSW, but our innovative and supportive culture ensures we are continually pushing ourselves to be the best workplace in OT and the best paediatric clinic in Australia.
Our clinics are not only focussed on the delivery of world class therapy services for children and families, they are also committed to developing Australia’s best paediatric occupational therapists. Our team is committed to ongoing learning, and are supported in their professional development through mentoring, training and networking.
Whether you’re interviewing for a new job or reflecting on your current workplace, it’s important to know the questions to ask. Download our workplace checklist today, and take charge of your career.
- Is this Workplace Working for Me? Top 10 Things To Ask Yourself About Your Current or Future Workplace.
- MoveAbout Answers to Is this Workplace Working for Me?
Co-Create Your Career Path
Occupational Therapy is so much more than a job. At MoveAbout, we work with you to identify your goals and passions so that we can develop a unique career path for you within MoveAbout. Being a family run business created by two OTs, there is always support at every stage of your career. As a team of more than 20 OTs across three locations, there is so much support and opportunity for you to develop in your areas of specialisation.
Be Supported & Inspired
MoveAbout was created so that we could love every minute of our day by creating a place of work where we could be fully engaged and inspired in our work, continuously grow and love what we do. A place where we are surrounded by inspired OTs who seek to do the same. We want the same for you!
We’ll support, inspired and challenge you at MoveAbout through clinical reflection, 1:1 mentoring, group mentoring, in-session coaching, peer co-treats, and mentoring with Master Clinicians from the US and Canada, including Kim Barthel, Sheila Frick, Tracy Stackhouse and Beth Osten.
Work with MoveAbout
We’re committed to supporting the people who support the kids – YOU!
Being an OT at MoveAbout
As an occupational therapist at MoveAbout, you will support families and children with delays or disabilities, including children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, behavioural challenges, sensory processing disorders, gross and fine motor difficulties, and children with trauma-related difficulties.
You will commence with a small weekly caseload and build your caseload slowly over 4-6 months.
During this time, you’ll get to observe lots of sessions each week and engage in training, including our ‘Intro to MoveAbout’ training program. This allows you time to grow and learn in the role.
Skills and Requirements
- University qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with AHPRA
- Clinical experience working with children as an Occupational Therapist is preferable but not required
- Passion for OT and supporting kids
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Strong desire to grow as a Paediatric OT with passion and care
- A vision of co-developing the best Allied Health workplace in Australia
Our Values are simple:
- We are in it to make a difference: Our work supports amazing change for kids and families.
- We are connection driven: We are caring and connected as a team and driven by connection within our team, with our families and with our community.
- We are playful: We are passionate about integrating play into our therapy and our daily work life.
- We are always learning: We are committed to best practice therapy, continuing professional development, and dedicated to the creation of fulfilling career paths for our therapists.
Our organising principal (i.e., the key principle in all our decisions) is that:
We support the people who support the kids (our team, our families, our community)
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? Whether you have paediatric OT experience, you’re a new graduate, an OT career changer, or looking for ways to grow in your career, reach out to us today for a confidential chat.